Monitoring of Investment Performance & Compliance
1. Portfolio Oversight:Manage
and oversee a portfolio of renewable projects (mainly solar and wind), which include project both under operation, construction and development located across Africa, Middle East and Asia.
2. Tools & Automation: Develop and maintain asset management tools, continously monitor and analyse the financial performance, risks and return of each asset within the portfolio. Identify areas of improvement and optimisation. Identify opportunities to enhance projects compliance and reporting process through automation and tools.
3. Monitoring of Investment Perfomance
- Actively supervise financial performance, construction progress as well as operation and maintenance of projects after handover to Asset Management/ Construction & Delivery from Project Finance (typically, after first disbursement)
- Analyze periodic actual and other project reports, monitor compliance with financial and other covenants and report abut expected future project performance while identifying and updating risk factors.
- Update project finance models on regular basis during construction and operation and analysis for portfolio assets. Evaluate financial statements, budgets and projections to ensure financial performance and adherence to investment criteria.
- Identify opportunities to enhance/optimize the operational and financial performance of portfolio assets. Collaborate with SPV’s and O&M teams to implement improvement initiatives.
- Disbursement: support the disbursement process between Project Finance, SPV’s and HQ teams and support coordination of the shareholder’s equity injection(either through capital, shareholder loan or equity bridge loan), as well as the lenders disbursements.
4. Monitoring Compliance
- Waivers & amendments: Work with our SPV’s, Project Development, Legal and Finance teams for preparing and approving waivers and project documents amendments
- Compliance: Ensure that all portfolio assets adhere to legal, regulatory and contractual compliance requirements, including delivery of reporting and other requirements (e.g. information undertaking under CTA)
5. Strategic Planning: Contribute to the development and execution of portfolio strategies, including asset acquisition, divestitures and refinancing.
Early Identification of Risk and Design of Appropriate Remedies
1. Develop and implement risk management monitoring to mitigate potential project and financial risks, including credit, operational and market risks.
2. Identify and provide early warnings to AMEA Power management about critical deviations from the original investment thesis or newly emerging risks, while simultaneously proposing appropriate action plans or remedies and coordinating related activities with internal and external stakeholders.
3. Advertise preemptively on project, sector and country issues which may impact the financial performance of the project.
4. Assist in developing a comprehensive early warning system throughout the equity portfolio.
Management of the Relationship with Internal and External Stakeholders
1. Act as liaison with external stakeholders such as shareholders and lenders (e.g. DFI, ECAs and commercial banks), contractors (e.g. EPC, O&M), government (e.g. national utility, regulators, etc) and private equity insurers (e.g. MIGA, DFC, etc.) providing periodic updates and addressing inquiries, prepare and deliver portfolio performance reports and presentations.
2. Effectively manage the relationship with internal parties such as Corporate Finance, Project Finance, Investment and M&A, Delivery & Execution, Project Development and Management and ensure good communication with all to assess and implement the most appropriate course of action in any given situation.