Support the business development team to facilitate the initial evaluation of the opportunities:
- Conduct site screening exercises using satellite sources (wind and solar resource, topographical conditions, etc.) as well as site visits.
- Preliminary technical and financial assessments, using in-house Excel tools which should be further developed and improved with time.
- Develop business case, identifying the key risks and opportunities of the project.
- Preparing initial presentations and proposals of the opportunity.
- Negotiating government project pre-approvals (i.e., Memorandum of Understanding).
Preference that the candidate has experience / exposure in Africa and the Middle East region.
Being the bulk of the responsibilities, this scope includes the development activities until Financing Close:
- Support the selection process of third-party advisors (drafting Request for Proposals, tender process management, etc.) as well as support on the management of the advisors’ work (progress schedule, etc.)
- Develop the pre-feasibility and feasibility studies of green hydrogen projects, which includes the development of a technical solution, the optimisation of the project sources (wind, solar, geothermal, hydropower, etc.), the technology selection (hydrogen electrolyzer, etc.) and the financial optimisation and modelling.
- Assist in the negotiations with government public entities (framework/concession agreements, usufruct agreement, grid connection agreements, etc.) and with private entities (hydrogen/ammonia offtake agreement, joint development agreement, etc.).
- Manage the relevant departments of AMEA Power (technical, legal, etc.) in the EPC tender process (Request for Proposals, tender process management, proposals evaluation, etc.).
- Support the financing process together with the project finance team by drafting Information Memorandums and supporting the technical and commercial Q&A process with the lenders.
Supporting the carbon credits development activities of AMEA Power, focusing on the sales of carbon credits:
- Market analysis of carbon credits with particular attention to corporate buyers of carbon credits in order to develop and build long-term relationships with the main ones.
- Lead the commercial discussions with the respective buyers of carbon credits, in coordination with the respective teams of AMEA Power.
- Support the legal team on the drafting of offtake agreements.